Friday, September 7, 2007

Week 16

Week 16

Frustrations: Like last week, Isaacs teething… My Dad said he felt a second tooth [I cannot find it, but it would not surprise me one bit]. This teething phase is hell! The orajel works, but not for long and I can’t give it to him any more then 2-3 times a day, but alas by the end of the week he has either gotten used to the pain or hes not in pain any more. Who knows.

Accomplishments: He’s back to liking his bath, after the baby oil accident last week lol and thanks to the baby oil his cradle cap is slowly disappearing, I just have to make sure to bathe the kid every day and put the oil on his head every day or the cradle cap starts to come back. Its so disgusting! Monday I started giving him spoonfuls of real rice cereal [instead of putting a tiny bit in his bottle], by Tuesday morning you can see that its starting to work, I just have to make sure to keep giving him water so that he doesn’t get constipated, he’s had enough potty problems as it is, and I really don’t want to make it worse. But yes, by Tuesday morning it was starting to work. Isaac wakes up at 8am, I automatically take him in to his walker [that’s where I have been feeding him since we never got a high chair >.< ] and gave him about 5 – 6 half spoons of the rice cereal, he didn’t want his bottle until an hour later, which Monday evening after I gave him the rice cereal he wanted his bottle right away. Another wonderful thing about giving him rice cereal is he seems to have stopped spitting up so much, maybe he just needed something more solid in his tummy? Who knows, the week went pretty well, didn’t start out good but it got better!

Related news: Isaac goes in for his 4 month check up on the 6th of September. More shots, ugh, but I need to talk to the doctor about the spitting up [if it comes back] and of course about giving Isaac more solid foods.

Me: I have decided that I can’t watch Celicity, shes just too much of a handful when Isaac has pretty much decided that he wants 100 percent of my attention. Kris seems a little bummed and I wish I could help him more, but I can’t have a screaming 3 yr old and a screaming 4 month old for 8 hours straight. It doesn’t help that I’m still going to school just online, which in the long run means more school work, just less money and less driving. I have projects that need to be done that I started before I was pregnant… Yeah that’s bad! Its been busy, so all of you who I have neglected to call or talk to, please bare along with me, my life is a little busy right now! Have a good one!

No comments: